Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Thank You" & "Sending Warm Wishes" Cards

I love this stamp set! 
AND  it was so fun to make this card.  I have to admit this is the first time I've used markers to color in a stamped image and it actually made me think, "I need to get my hands on all of these markers"!  These markers are a great tool and I love the double end which can help you create the perfect look!

On a side note the CTMH Spring/Summer Idea Book will be the last time the markers will be featured, they will not be available in the 2012 Fall/Winter Idea Book.  So if you to love to use markers and haven't completed your collection, hurry and get them before they are gone.  Click here to choose colors

For this card I used the Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut out this adorable scalloped edge card in Sunny Yellow cardstock and the Tag in White cardstock.  I used the "A Garden" CTMH stamp set to stamp the images.  I first stamped the flowers in Tulip Ink on the tag and then the vase in Olive Ink to match up with the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment "Thank You" in Tulip Ink on the tag and the butterfly image on a scrap piece of white cardstock and then cut it out.  I colored the flowers in using the Smoothie marker to give it a lighter color and the Olive marker to color in the vase as well as the Tulip marker to do the design on the vase.  I used the Cotton Candy marker to make the stitching outline around the tag.  To finish off the card I used Sweet Leaf cardstock to go around the front and back of the card and White ribbon for the bow.

I also made this card in a larger size, 7", changing it up just a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment