Have you checked out CTMH TV episodes lately to get some ideas or a fresh look at some cool techniques, well I did and found this episode, Eclectic Elegance. In this episode you will learn:
How to combine leftover embellishments and dimensional elements into beautiful clusters of three with one focal point.
The project Inspiration in this episode is "Powerful Trio" which is outlined below.
How to tie the perfect bow and knot bow. It's so easy!
How to make ruffles out of paper or ribbon. The ribbon method is very cute!
How to make ribbon rosettes, with a circle punch, brad and ribbon.
Be inspired by Jeanette Lynton's vintage scrapbook page and scrapbook your childhood photo's.
Hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did, it's so fun to learn new ideas and techniques. To watch this episode Click Here
Project Inspiration - Powerful Trio
Featured Technique - Creative Clusters
- 9030 Imagine™
- C1304 My Acrylix® Sans Alphabet Stamp Set
- D1401 My Acrylix® Authentic Stamp Set
- D1427 My Acrylix® Tasty Treats Stamp Set
- E1016 My Acrylix® Friendship Alphabet Large Stamp Set
- X7126B Passages Level 2 Paper Packet
- Z2104 Barn Red Exclusive Inks® Pad
- Z2114 Cocoa Exclusive Inks® Pad
- Z2120 Garden Green Exclusive Inks® Pad
- Z1316 Designer Ribbon Cocoa Collection
- Z1100 Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon
- Z1269 Filigree Charms
- Z1217 Brads Metal Assortment
- Z1206 Craft Buttons Basic Assortment
- Z1223 Dimensional Elements Booksmart
- Z1156 Dimensional Elements Borders
- Z1278 Dimensional Elements Hearts
- Z1096 Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
- Z1210 Heart-Felt™ Wonder Die-Cuts
- Z578 Corner Rounder
- Z697 Round Sponge
- Trim papers according to dimensions listed on page 28 of Imagine™, excluding title and journaling. Cut two 1” x 12” Cocoa cardstock pieces, one 3 1/2” x 9” Cocoa cardstock, one 3” x 8 1/2” Colonial White cardstock, one 1” x 2” Colonial White cardstock, five 2 1/4” x 1 1/2” Colonial White cardstock pieces, one 1 3/4” x 6” Barn Red cardstock, and one 1 1/4” x 1” Barn Red cardstock.
- Create scalloped border along one edge of two 1” x 12” Cocoa cardstock pieces.
- Apply Garden Green ink to surface of two Dimensional Elements flourishes.
- Cover Dimensional Elements as follows: rectangle with 1” x 2” Colonial White cardstock and heart with 1 1/4” x 1” Barn Red cardstock. Trim around Dimensional Element and smooth edges with Finishing File.
- Stamp grid pattern on Dimensional Element heart with Cocoa ink.
- Stamp title on 1 3/4” x 6” Barn Red cardstock using third generation Cocoa ink so it is very light on Barn Red cardstock. Trim each letter.
- Stamp the following on Colonial White cardstock scrap paper: scallop circle in Garden Green ink and journal box in Cocoa ink with year in Barn Red ink. Trim.
- Apply Cocoa ink to edges of all papers, stamped images, and Dimensional Elements.
- Assemble layout according to instructions on page 29, attaching two scalloped cardstock pieces behind top of A and D, attaching ribbon across center of A and D, and attaching ribbon around right side of journaling.
- Create Cocoa ribbon rosette as follows: Punch or trim 1 1/4" circle from scrap cardstock; attach one end of ribbon to center of 1 1/4” cardstock circle with brad; twist and wrap ribbon around brad covering cardstock circle, securing sections with glue dots as you go; secure loose end to back with glue dot.
- Attach embellishments and cut-out stamped images.